When it comes to taking good care of your wooden furniture, you cannot help but rely on the top recommendations shared by experts in this field. Be it for the wooden furniture in your residential or commercial premises, you need to maintain the same with the right products and processes. Here are some top tips that will go a long way in helping you chalk out a helpful regime for taking good care of the wood in your space.
- A mild dish wash detergent and warm water is enough to cleanse the finish imparted to your wooden furniture. Using water on wood will not hurt your furniture pieces adversely. However, it is essential to refrain from soaking small pieces of wooden furniture to keep irreversible damages at bay. Old toothbrushes can be used for cleaning those hard-to-reach areas. It is important to wipe off any settled dust with paper towels or soft cloth before applying any detergent or water. Any residual moisture needs to be wiped off gently for best results.
- Once the wooden furniture has been cleaned well, a high-quality wax paste can be used for locking in its natural shine and luster. Just apply a very thin coat and go ahead with the waxing process as instructed on the label of the product used by you. You may want to wait for 4-5 minutes before buffing off the surface with a soft cloth or shoe brush. Next, wait for about 30-60 minutes before brushing/ buffing with a little more vigor, once again. The resultant shine will linger on for many months to make your furniture look as good as new.
- It is important to keep wooden furniture away from direct sunlight and other harsh elements of nature. During summers, the temperature of the rays coming through your windows may go up to 140 degrees thereby fading and destroying the wooden finish beyond repair. Direct sunlight can also shrink the wood used for making your furniture, thereby leading to cracks and annoying gaps in the same.
- For similar reasons, it becomes essential to keep wooden furniture pieces away from vents and heating units. The action of dry heat will make the wood shrink and dry; it is therefore well-advised to use humidifiers in the drier months for bringing up the overall moisture levels to 40-45%.
- Does your wooden furniture require a quick-fix or an emergency touch up? It is possible to get rid of chips and scratches by using color shoe polish of the appropriate types; this tip is specifically useful for correcting the stains that make it to the feet of your wooden furniture. Another interesting means of hiding the marks is by using color felt-tip markers of matching colors before reaching out for the shoe polish; the overall result will be more satisfactory.
Be it for polish wooden hardware or getting the best wooden finish products for taking care of your existing or new furniture; specialty stores like HomeandTimber.com are the place to be in!